Thursday, July 19, 2012

Decisions, decisions...

Finally got around and attached the dreaded bumpers today.
But then it hit me (well, not really there and then - I wrote that for effect): Should I pick purple or red bumper caps?

1) Red caps...

Red caps.

These caps are nice, but they're not a perfect fit and would require some work to attach properly.
I particularly like the faceted look on the edges. I imagine this will look wicked when lit...

But they are red. A lot of red in the theme already. But they do fit the theme rather nicely and that area, since there's already blood stains in the artwork around the bumper edges etc.









2) ...or purple caps. Tough choice!
Purple caps.

Looking pretty sweet and adds additional color to the playfield. But the actual caps are pretty dull and would, in my humble opinion, require some artwork on the top to look appropriate.

Another downer would be that the board the shot layout is loosely based on has the very same bumper caps. Could possibly draw the attention to any similarities?





Indeed a tough choice. Not crucial at the moment to decide thou, but it would be nice to be done with that area... What do you think - red or purple?


3) Just for the heck of it - the flip side.
They're not in their fixed positions in this shot, but more or less.
I don't know if I mentioned this previously, but all solenoids are having
specific connectors for positive and negative, so that they're impossible to connect wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment