Monday, January 5, 2015

P or N...

Lucky for me, I noticed that I'm all out of P-channel MOSFET's... need to order some!

Someone told not to quote him or her on this, but it seems true enough:

"When triggered, a p channel mosfet connects the input on the load to the positive source whereas an n channel mosfet connects the output from the load to ground or the negative source."

This means my N-channel MOSFET's doesn't work as a current supplying unit and would have rendered the whole device "useless"... The pin layout is also switched (source becomes drain and vice versa) so I need to redesign the board slightly.

Things you notice when trying stuff on a bread board! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I have to say the I am impressed! The pinball game looks really nice and you should also have credit for documenting the progress so nicely in this blog. Keep up the good work and thank you for letting us follow along on the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and welcome! :D

    Yeah, the blog is actually equally for my benefit... it's something that works as a motivator for me. If the blog is silent, nothing is being done (or not THAT much) so one helps the other.
    Hope to present a new gameplay clip as soon as the new lightboard and sound board is completed!

    ReplyDelete