Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Big D vs Big S

Hi ya'll. 

Been moving my programming environment from Windows XP and an old laptop to OS X and a modern computer, and that sh#t turned out to be a lot more difficult than I anticipated. Moving from MPIDE 0023 to Arduino 1.6.13 sure didn't help either and even basic serial communication and switches stopped working...
Anyhow - after a hefty troubleshooting session that lasted a week or two; I'm back in business.

And despite some issues, I can now work a lot more easily on the programming for both boards and the newer computer allows for more optimized compiling and thus faster code. This means the display and servos run more smoothly.

So during the coming months I'll get started in the code refactoring and game mode creation. But for now; here's a short snippet of Mr B in action. (very much beta, obviously). :) 



Oh, almost forgot -
I've got myself a Big Sister that stands nicely next to the "evil" little sister and the vent, just above the "SISTERS FOREVER" mode light. She will probably not be animated or lit, but a LED-eye would probably be possible in the future... 

1) Big Sister. Had her on the cover, would be rather weird not to have her on the playfield as well. I have temporarily fixed her to the VUK-habitrail without the backpack, but I'm thinking about making the backpack "wrap around" the habitrail, making the ball go through it. That would probably mean I have to break the toy though, which I refrain somewhat from... 



No comments:

Post a Comment